It is that time of the year again when Eat Smart sends out their delicious home made Christmas treats to our lovely clinics as a thank you for all of their support over the year. This year Lauren gets all the credit for these delicious goodies! Have you got some healthy treats ready for the Christmas table this year? Give these a go!
Christmas ‘Golden Rough’ Slice
Makes 18 slices
2 cups dry roasted almonds
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup coconut oil
6 tblsp cocoa powder or cacao
2 tsp vanilla extract
12 medjool dates, pitted
½ cup cashews
½ cup pistachios + ¼ cup extra
½ cup cranberries + ¼ cup extra
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blitz almonds, coconut, coconut oil, cocoa or cacao, vanilla, dates and cashews until a course meal texture.
- Add in pistachios and cranberries and pulse just to chop slightly and mix through.
- Press in to baking tray using the back of a wooden spoon.
- Sprinkle over extra pistachios and cranberries and press down firmly with the back of a wooden spoon (or similar)
- Keep in refrigerator to maintain firmness. Cut in to 18 slices.
Christmas Goodie Baubles
Makes approx. 28
150g dried cranberries
200g pitted dried dates
250g raw cashews
80g desiccated coconut + extra to roll in
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 tblsp coconut oil
- Soak dates in boiling water for 10 mins to soften. Drain but reserve 3 tblsp of the soaking water.
- In a food processor, blitz dates, cashews, coconut, pistachios, cranberries, vanilla and coconut oil. Add in 1-3 tblsp date water until you have a sticky mixture that holds together when pressed.
- Roll 1 tblsp of mix in a ball. Roll in coconut.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. May also be frozen.