Slow cook lamb roast Serves 4
Trimmed lamb roast (600-800g)
2 tbspns pureed tomato
1 tbspn fruit chutney
1 tspn curry powder
1 clove garlic crushed
- Place the lamb in the slow cooker.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 3-6 hours.
- Serve with vegetables of your choice.
Slow cook Italian pot roast Serves 4-6
800g lean beef ‘roast’
1 onion, diced
1 stick celery, diced
1 small red capsicum, de-seeded & diced
1 small green capsicum, de-seed & diced
2 crumbled stock cubes
- Place the meat in the slow cooker.
- Add the other ingredients. The water should be just enough to cover the meat.
- Cover and cook on a low heat for 8 hours.
- Serve with the vegetables of your choice.
Slow cook seafood stew Serves 4-6
800g can crushed tomatoes
1 cup tomato pasta sauce
2 onions, diced
1 cup white wine
1/3 cup olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ cup parsley, chopped
1 green capsicum, de-seeded & diced
1 chilli, finely chopped (optional)
1 tspn dried thyme
2 tspns dried basil
½ tspn paprika
½ tspn cayenne pepper
1 de-boned and cubed white fish fillet
15 peeled prawns
Extra water if required
- Place all ingredients except the fish and seafood in the slow cooker. Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.
- Add seafood, turn heat up to high and cook for 30 minutes, stirring gently occasionally.
- Thin with water if desired.
- Serve with an extra green vegetable if desired or dunk some wholegrain sourdough bread into the sauce.