Quinoa breakfast muffins with mushrooms and leek Makes 12
2 cups cooked quinoa (~3/4 cup raw)
1 cup grated reduced fat cheese
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 large leek, washed and chopped
1 medium zucchini, grated
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with baking cups or spray oil.
- In large frypan cook mushrooms and leeks until soft but not browned.
- In large bowl add cooked quinoa, eggs, zucchini, grated cheese, cooked mushrooms, leeks and parsley. Mix until just blended.
- Fill muffin tins and bake 20-25 minutes or until brown on top and skewer when inserted comes out clean. Sit for 5 mins before serving.
Breakfast burritos Serves 4
400g can drained Mexican beans
Olive oil spray
4 eggs, lightly beaten
4 (6 inch) flour tortillas
1/2 cup grated cheese
1/2 tomato, diced
1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
1/2 red or green capsicum, chopped
1 cup tomato salsa
- Warm tortillas in oven.
- Heat beans in a medium saucepan. Set aside.
- Heat a nonstick frypan over medium heat. Spray with oil and add the eggs. Using a spatula, cook and stir until eggs are scrambled. Season as desired.
- Add beans and vegetables to the eggs.
- Spread the egg mixture in the lower section of each tortilla; top with cheese.
- Fold the outer 1/2-inch of the left and right sides of the tortilla in, then roll each tortilla into a burrito. Cut in half and serve with salsa.
Savoury mince Serves 4-6
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
500g beef mince
100g button mushrooms sliced
1 carrot diced
1 stalk celery trimmed & diced
400g can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup water or stock
1 tblsp tomato paste
1 tblsp chopped parsley
- Spray a large frying pan with oil and heat on medium. Sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 mins until the onion is tender.
- Add mince to the onion mixture and cook for 4-5 mins until well browned, breaking up with a spoon as it cooks.
- Stir in mushrooms, carrot and celery, mixing well. Cook, stirring, for 5 mins.
- Add tomatoes, water and tomato paste. Season to taste, then bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 mins or until vegetables are tender. Stir in parsley.