Hoisin pork & stir-fry greens Serves 4
500g pork fillet, tenderloin or lean steaks
1.5 tblsp hoisin sauce
250g dried thin egg noodles
1 tblsp peanut oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2cm ginger, cut in to thin strips or 2 tsp crushed ginger
1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
8 spring onions, trimmed, cut in to 6cm lengths
200g sugar snap peas, trimmed
1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, halved
1 tblsp dark soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tblsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a roasting pan with baking paper. Place the pork on a plate, brush with hoisin sauce and season to taste. Place pork in a roasting pan and bake until browned and cooked through (juices run clear when pierced). Remove from the oven, cover with foil and rest for 5-10 minutes.
2. Cook noodles in boiling water according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a wok or large frypan over medium heat. Stir-fry the garlic and ginger for 10 seconds until fragrant. Add broccolini, spring onion and 1 tblsp cold water, increase heat to high and stir-fry for a further 1-2 mins until vegetables are tender but still have some crunch. Add soy sauce and sesame oil and toss to combine.
4. Slice the pork, then serve with the noodles and vegetables, sprinkle with sesame seeds and any remaining juices from the pork.
Quick & easy honey soy chicken with veggie rice Serves 4
8 small chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1/3 cup honey
1.5 tblsp salt-reduced soy sauce
1 tsp sesame seeds
500g frozen stir-fry vegetables
250g packet quick cooking basmati rice
¼ cup toasted & chopped cashew nuts
2/3 cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Line a baking dish with baking paper.
2. Cut 3 slits in to each drumstick, Mix the drumsticks with the honey, soy and sesame seeds. Bake for 30-40 mins or until juices run clear when pierced.
3. Cook rice according to instructions.
4. Stir-fry veggies for 2-3 mins or until warmed through. Add cooked rice, green onions and cashews. Toss through.
5. Serve 2 drumsticks with ¼ of the veggie rice scattered with ¼ of the coriander leaves per plate.