Kerry's family loves a quick & easy as well as tasty lasagne to fuel the kids and adults ready for their respective sports. Its a busy household in the Leech home so a meal that is quick, tasty and has all the right fuel in one dish is a must!
Quick & easy Lasagne (serves 6)
Spray of canola or olive oil
800 grams lean beef mince
575 gram jar of tomato based pasta sauce
3 cups of chopped mixed vegetables (e.g. mushrooms, capsicum, zucchini, spinach)
375 gram packet of fresh lasagne sheets
Large can of tomato soup
1/2 cup grated reduced fat tasty cheese
- Preheat the oven to 170 C.
- Spray a non-stick pan or wok with oil and heat. Add mince and brown completely.
- Add chopped vegetables.
- Add pasta sauce and simmer for a few minutes. Season with mixed herbs.
- Spray the base of a lasagne or casserole dish with oil. Make the lasagne with a layer of pasta and alternating with a thin layer of sauce. You should fit 5-6 layers of pasta in a typical lasagne dish. Finish with a layer of pasta.
- Pour soup over the assembled lasagne and sprinkle a thin layer of cheese on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with salad/vegetables.