Joseph’s favourite recipes – Entertaining with a Healthy Kick!
Eat Smart’s Joseph enjoys cooking savoury meals and foods with a hot chili kick! They are always a hit with friends at BBQ’s and for those who only like a mild heat you can use a sweet red chilli instead.
Expert Tip: “Light Mozzerella” has less fat than a regular Light Cheese, and only a small amount will add the texture required.
Try these next time you are hosting a BBQ or watching the Footy (perfect timing for Origin this week!)
Jalapeno Stuffed Beef Burgers (Serves 4)
4 Whole Grain bread rolls
500g lean beef mince
100 g Pickled Jalapeno Chilies (+ one Habanero for those looking for extra heat and flavour!)
¼ cup Light Philadelphia cream cheese
¼ cup Light mozzarella cheese
1 tsp Cummin
1 tsp Paprika
1 tabspoon worstershire sauce.
Salads to top the burger (Tomato, cucumber, lettuce, pineapple all go well.
- To make burger filling: roughly chop jalapenos and combine with mozzarella philli cheese into a thick paste. (Add habanero to taste/heat tolerance)
- To make Burgers:
- Combine beef mince, cumin, paprika, worstershire sauce and egg in a large mixing bowls. Mix well with hands until all ingredients are uniform, and divide into 4 allotments
- Take each allotment and further separate into approx. 2/3 “base” and 1/3 “lid
- Kneed the base of the burger out to approx. 5mm 10cm diameter, and spoon ¼ of the chili mixure onto it.
- Apply the mince lid and pinch corners to seal.
- Puncture lid with a fork to allow steam to escape whilst cooking.
- Repeat for remaining burgers
3. Cook burgers on a medium heat for 3-5min on each side. Allow to rest covered in foil for 5min (the molten centre will retain a lot of heat).
4. Construct burger with Multigrain bread rolls and lots of salad.