Crunchy Prawn Salad Serves 4
300g carrots, washed
2 crunchy apples
¼ cup sultanas
1 bunch continental parsley, roughly chopped
1 small bunch fresh mint, roughly chopped
4 tblsp red wine vinegar
2 tblsp olive oil
1 tblsp tahini
2 tblsp sesame seeds, toasted
600g peeled prawns
1 tblsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried chilli (optional)
2 tblsp sumac (middle eastern spice with a lemon flavour)
- Finely slice the carrots and radish. You can use a large gauge grater, mandolin or the slicer on your food processor if you prefer.
- Quarter apples, core and finely slice to a similar size to the vegetables.
- Mix vegetables, apple, sultanas, herbs, vinegar, oil, tahini and season to taste.
- Heat non-stick pan and add prawns and spices. Cook until just pink.
- Top salad with prawns and spinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
Spiced lamb & pomegranate stew Serves 4
600g lean lamb roast, shoulder, fillet or leg steaks
1 tblsp plain flour
1 red onion, peeled and finely sliced
4 stalks celery, finely sliced
2 carrots, finely sliced
1 leek, cleaned, halved lengthways and finely sliced
4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
½ stick cinnamon
100g walnuts, chopped
2 bay leaves
2 tblsp pomegranate molasses
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
1. Cut the lamb in to 2-3 cm chunks. Place seasoned flour in to a plastic bag. Add lamb and toss to coat.
2. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat with spray oil. Brown lamb for 2-3 mins. Remove lamb from pan.
3. Heat pan again and add vegetables, garlic, cinnamon & walnuts. Cook for 3 - 5 mins until onion has softened.
4. Place all in a casserole dish. Cut the pomegranate in half. Tap out all the seeds. Add pomegranate molasses and ½ the pomegranate seeds and any remaining juice. Add ½ cup water to make sure mixture is moist.
5. Simmer for 1 hour or until lamb is very tender. You may need to add a little water if the mixture is getting too dry.
6. Season if required, sprinkle with remaining pomegranate seeds and parsley.