Super foods Salad Serves 4
1 large head broccoli
6 spring onions, finely sliced
1 bunch continental parsley, chopped
1 bunch mint, chopped
1 avocado, diced
4 tblsp pumpkin seeds
¼ cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
1 bag baby spinach leaves
Juice from 3 limes for 3 tblsp lime juice
1 tblsp flaxseed oil
2 tblsp pomegranate molasses
½ pomegranate, seeds removed
- Chop the broccoli as finely as you can, or chop in a food processor.
- Combine all other ingredients. Season to taste.
- Mix well and serve in to 4 portions.
- May be served with fish, chicken or red meat if desired.
Roasted vegetable quinoa salad Serves 4
1 red and 1 yellow capsicum, cut in to chunks
500g pumpkin, cut in to 2cm cubes
1 red onion, cut in to wedges
2 zucchini, cut in to wedges
1 cup quinoa
1.5 cups water or vegetable stock
small bunch continental parlsey
2 tblsp morrocan seasoning mix
1 cup thick natural yoghurt
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Spray a non-stick baking tray with olive oil. Combine capsicum, pumpkin, onion, zucchini & seasoning. Roast for 30 mins or until pumpkin is tender.
- Add quinoa to a saucepan. Add stock and heat until a gentle boil. Turn heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until quinoa is tender. Remove from the heat and allow to sit for 10 mins. All the liquid should be absorbed by now.
- Remove vegetables from oven and place in a large bowl. Add quinoa, parsley and juice from the lemon.
- Divide in to 4 poritons, Top with ¼ of the yoghurt and ¼ of the pumpkin seeds.
- Serve with fish, chicken or chickpeas if desired.