Goulash Soup Serves 4
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 x 440g canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 carrots, cut into small cubes
- 2 stalks sliced celery
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 800g lean rump steak, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 3 ½ cups salt reduced beef stock stock
- 4 tblsp extra light sour cream
- chopped chives to serve
- Spray a large saucepan with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat. Cook the steak in batches for 2-3 mins or until browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add onion and other vegetables. Cook, stirring for 5 mins or until softened. Add garlic and paprika. Cook, stirring for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock and tomato. Stir to combine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and add steak.
- Cook, uncovered for 20 mins or until slightly thickened. Season to taste.
- Serve topped with 1 tblsp sour cream per serve. Sprinkle over chives.
Chicken & herb soup Serves 4
- Spray olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery sticks, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, unpeeled but washed & finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 8 cups salt reduced chicken stock
- 800g lean chicken thigh fillets, diced
- 2 tblsp finely chopped continental parsley stems
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh continental parsley, to serve
- Combine chicken, carrot, celery, garlic, parsley stems, thyme and stock & in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce to low and cook, covered for 20 mins or until vegetables are tender.
- Season as desired. Serve sprinkled with fresh parsley.