200g trail mix (nuts/seeds/dried fruit) 50g almonds
2 tbs chia seeds 2 tbs flax seeds
2 tbs pumpkin seeds 2 tbs sunflower seeds
1 tbs peanut butter 2 tbs maple syrup
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and use a Bamix or blender to blend to a fine grain.
2. Roll into 15 balls.
Note: you can add ½ cup whey protein powder if you wish.
5g protein per ball.
½ cup ground linseed/flaxseed 2 cups ground almonds
½ cup pumpkin seed or sunflower seed 1 cup walnuts
½ cup dried cranberries or goji berries ½ cup macadamia nut oil
½ cup honey or organic maple syrup 1 tspn vanilla essence
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Combine linseed, almond meal, pumpkin seed, walnuts and cranberries
3. Add oil, honey and vanilla and mix through until combined
4. Divide into 30 balls, place onto a baking tray lined with bake paper and flatten slightly.
5. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until golden and cooked through.
6. Rest on tray until cool and store up to 2 weeks.
3.6g protein per cookie.
Very Berry Yoghurt
½ cup fresh or frozen berries 100g low fat vanilla yoghurt
2 heaped dsp crunchy muesli e.g. Carmen’s 1 flat dspn LSA
1. Layer berries and yoghurt.
2. Top with muesli and sprinkle over LSA.
Serves 1 and provides 8g protein per serve.