30-minute meals from Holly, Kerry, Lauren, Joe, Jess, Kristute and Jackie
November 14 - 27, 2011
Need dinner in a hurry? These meals take 30 minutes or less – brilliant!
Tandoori Lamb with Bombay Potatoes Serves 4
2 Tblsp tandoori paste
1 tblsp honey
2 tblsp low fat natural yoghurt
600g lean lamb steaks
600g baby potatoes, quartered
2 tsp canola or sunflower oil, plus spray oil
2 tsp black mustard seeds
2 tsp mild curry powder (or hot if you like!)
1 tsp garam marsala
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
100g baby spinach leaves
100g green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- Mix the tandoori paste, honey & yoghurt in a large dish. Add lamb and coat. Allow to marinate while preparing the potatoes and salad.
- Boil or microwave potatoes until tender.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in non-stick pan. Add mustard seeds and cook, stiring until they pop. Add spices, ginger and cooked potatoes. Stir for 2-3 mins until potatoes are coated and they start to crisp. Add tomato & spinach and cook until the spinach wilts.
- Heat non-stick frypan with spray oil. Add lamb and cook for 2-3 mins per side until cooked to your liking.
- Arrange potato mixture on each plate and top with lamb.
Citrus Chicken with watercress, orange & fetta salad Serves 6
6 x 150g skinless chicken breasts3 cloves garlic, crushed
4 tblsp orange marmalade
1 orange, cut into thin segments
1 orange, juiced and zested
1 tblsp reduced fat margarine
300ml chicken stock
1 bunch watercress (or bag baby spinach)
~30 small green olives
100g reduced fat fetta
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Season chicken breasts to taste. Place garlic, marmalade, orange zest and margarine in a bowl and beat with a fork. Spread mixture evenly over the 6 chicken breasts and place in a roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake for 10 mins. Remove foil and bake for a further 10-15 mins or until chicken is cooked through. Remove from oven and set aside to rest.
- Meanwhile, mix watercress, orange segments, olives in a bowl. Crumble over fetta.
- Pour off cooking juices into a saucepan. Add juice and cook over low heat until reduced and sticky.
- Arrange salad on plates, top with a chicken breast and pour over sauce.