Do you ever pick up the free recipe magazines from Coles or Woolworths? We do! We love the simple/ family friendly recipes. This one is from the Coles March edition magazine, and is particularly great for increasing vegetables in our children’s (and our) diet! So simple, and a great addition to a lunch box!
- 30g butter, softened
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts only – thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 50g fetta – crumbled
- 7 extra large eggs
- ¾ cup milk.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius grease 12 x muffin pan holes.
- 2. Heat a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Heat the oil in the pan, and add the leek. Cook stirring frequently until leek is softened. Add broccoli and cook, stirring frequently until broccoli has softened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add spinach. Adding the spinach to the hot vegetables will help the spinach wilt. Transfer the vegetables to a tray to allow to cool slightly.
- Divide the vegetables and fetta among each muffin hole.
- In a large jug, whisk eggs and milk together. Divide among muffin holes and bae for 20 minutes or until mixture is just set in the centre.
- Stand in the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
Recipe upload by Steff