This week we are celebrating "Heart Week" with The Heart Foundation. The Heart Foundation is a charity dedicated to fighting the single biggest killer of Australians - heart disease.
So how can we keep our heart healthy with nutrition? Here is our top tips:
1. Choose reduced fat diary, such as low fat milk, cheese and yoghurt.
2. Eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.
3. Eat a variety of lean protein (trimming fat of meat, and using low fat cooking methods i.e.: grilling/ steaming).
4. Choose healthy fats: nuts and seeds, avocado and olive oil.
5. Avoid adding salt to meals, and choose herbs and spices for flavourings instead.
The Heart Foundation has a range of fantastic recipes to aid in helping fight against heart disease.
Here are 4 of our favourite recipes for this month from The Heart Foundation- click the recipe link to be taken to The Heart Foundation recipe.
All images from The Heart Foundation