Those cooler nights call for curries! This Thai chicken meatball curry is super quick, and you can even make the balls ahead of time and keep in the fridge or freezer ready for cooking. It is the ultimate prep ahead meal!
(makes around 16 meatballs)
- 500g chicken mince
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 long red chilli thinly sliced
- 5 spring onions
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 2 cans light coconut milk
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Basmati rice and steamed asian greens to serve
1. In a large bowl mix together all meat all ingredients until well combined.
2. Roll mixture into balls around the size of a golf ball, and set aside (this is where you could freeze or keep in the fridge)
3. Heat oil in a large frying pan and add curry paste, cook until fragrant (around 2 minutes)
4. Add coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves
5. Bring milk to a slow simmer, add meatballs to poach.
6. Poach meatballs for around 5 minutes on each side or until firm.
7. Serve with basmati rice and steamed asian greens.