Choc Peanut Goodie Balls Makes 12 balls
2 tbsp. chia seeds
8 Medjool dates, pitted
2 tbsp. cacao
1/3 cup desiccated coconut
1 tbsp. coconut oil
2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
2 tbsp. natural peanut butter
½ cup chopped/granulated peanuts
- In a food processer, blend all ingredients except desiccated coconut until a rough paste forms.
- Form in to 12 balls.
- Note: The mixture will be quite sticky but the balls will harden when refrigerated or frozen.
- Put in fridge or freezer to set. Can be kept frozen for up to 3 months.
Per ball: 138cal/580kJ, 3.2g protein, 8g fat (3.5g saturated), 13.7 cho, 10.25g sugar, 2.9g fibre
Aussie Lamb Burgers Serves 4
500g lamb mince
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
1/4 cup parsley leaves
2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 cup mint leaves
4 toasted wholemeal buns
160g haloumi cheese
1 large zucchini
1 large red capsicum
1. Place the lamb in the bowl of a food processor with onion, garlic, parsley, cumin and mint. Pulse until the mixture just comes together. Season with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties.
2. Cut zucchini into batons and capsicum into 2 cm sections
3. Preheat the BBQ to medium-high.
4. Spray patties with cook spray and cook for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking. Move to one side to keep warm.
5. Spray vegetables with cook spray and sauté on BBQ until softened. Move to side.
6. Cut cheese into 4 slices and brown on BBQ for about 1 minute each side.
7. Serve patties on toasted buns with spinach and beetroot relish, accompanied by vegetables.