Summer Salad Recipes
From Holly, Kerry, Lauren, Rebecca, Joseph, Simone, Amelia and Kellie
Dukkah Pumpkin, Fruit & Seed Salad Serves 4 for lunch, or 6-8 as a side dish
750g pumpkin, seeded and cut into 1cm wedges
2 tsp Dukkah (spice & seed mix), plus extra for presentation
¾ cup quinoa, rinsed
400mL vegetable stock
350g frozen broad beans
2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
4 small radishes, thinly sliced
¼ cup dried cranberries
2 tblsp pumpkin seeds, lightly toasted
1 bag baby rocket
1 tblsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan forced. Place pumpkin on a lined baking tray in a single layer. Spray with oil and sprinkle with dukkah. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the quinoa and stock in a saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until the liquid has evaporated and the quinoa is just tender. Set aside to cool.
3. Cook broad beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minutes until tender. Refresh with cold water. Drain. Peel skins and discard.
4. Place cooled quinoa, broad beans, celery, radish, cranberries, pepitas and rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice. Season. Toss to combine.
5. Place pumpkin on plates, top with quinoa mixture and crumble over marinated feta. Sprinkle with a little extra dukkah.
Per serve (for 4 serves): 1583kJ, 20g protein, 9g fat (3g saturated), 47g carbs (20g sugars)
Asian Coleslaw Serves 4
150g white cabbage, thinly shredded
150g red/purple cabbage, thinly shredded
1 large carrot, grated
2 shallots, thinly sliced
300g edamame beans, podded (this can be found in the frozen vegetable section of large supermarkets or Asian grocers)
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
50g snow pea sprouts, trimmed
1 tsp minced garlic
3 tsp tahini
3 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp olive oil
3 tsp maple syrup or honey
2 tsp white miso paste
- To make dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well.
- Mix cabbages, carrot, onion, edamame pods, coriander and sprouts.
- Toss salad with dressing and serve. Great with BBQ seafood.
Per serve: 655kJ, 9g protein, 5.3g fat (0.75g saturated), 13.3g carbs (9g sugars)