Keep your active kids going with some old fashioned home made treats
Choc Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies Makes 15
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, and line a baking tray with baking paper. Set aside.
- Mix together the oats, flour and baking powder in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white and vanilla. Mix in the peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the honey. Add in the flour mixture, until just mixed. Fold in the dark chocolate chips and chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared tray, and flatten to the desired thickness and width. Bake for 11-14 minutes. Turn onto cooling rack and allow to cool before serving.
Vegetable Fritters Serves 4
- Mix carrot, potato, zucchini, eggs, flour, parsley, chives, nutmeg and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a non stick frypan and add spoonfuls of mixture to the pan.
- Flatten mixture slightly and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper, set aside and keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil and repeat with remaining mixture.
Recipe Courtesy of Nutrition Australia
Soft Ginger Cookies Makes 15
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, ginger and cinnamon in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, egg, and vanilla. Prepare the sugar, cream of tartar and hot water mixture in a small dish and mix this into wet mixture with honey. Add in the flour mixture, until just mixed. Chill the cookie dough for 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. (If chilling longer than 2 hours, cover the cookie dough with plastic wrap.)
- Spoon the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared baking tray. Bake for 12-15 minutes. Turn onto cooking rack and allow to cool before serving.
Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins Makes 12
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly spray a 12 muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flours, sugars, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in centre of mixture. Combine milk and next 4 ingredients (through vanilla); add to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Spoon batter into muffin pans, filing each cup half full with batter. Spoon 1 teaspoon jam into each cup. Spoon remaining batter on top to cover jam. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and cool on a wire rack.