From Kerry, Lauren, Rebecca, Simone, Joseph, Amelia and Kellie
Chicken Apple Mint Salad Serves 3-4
- 300g chicken breast
- 1 large pink lady apple, sliced thinly
- 2 sticks celery, peeled and sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 50g toasted walnuts, crushed
- 1/2 bunch mint, picked
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 head radicchio
- 2 tbsp reduced fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp hot water
- Poach chicken breasts in stock (liquid must cover the chicken pieces), for approximately 12-15 minutes until completely cooked through.
- Once cool, gently shred chicken into small strips.
- To make the dressing, whisk the ingredients together with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the chicken, sliced apple, celery, spring onions, walnuts, mint and dressing.
- Plate immediately, layering with baby spinach and radicchio.
- Garnish with extra mint and lemon juice.