Quinoa porridge Serves 4
1.5 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
1.5 cups skim milk
1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1/3 cup pistachio kernals, coarsely chopped
1 cup no fat greek yoghurt
1. Combine quinoa and 4 cups water in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and allow to simmer, covered for 10 mins.
2. Stir in milk and fruit.
3. Serve topped with pistachios and a large dollop (1/4 cup) of yoghurt.
Caprese Toast Serves 4
4 slices soy & linseed (or grain) toast
80g low fat ricotta cheese, crumbled
3 roma tomato, thinly sliced
1 avocado, thinly sliced
1/3 cup small fresh basil leaves
8 poached eggs
1. Cut the toast in half diagonally. Top with slices of avocado and tomato, crumble over ricotta. Top with poached eggs and scatter with basil leaves.
Breakfast McMuffin Serves 4
4 wholemeal or grain English muffins, halved
120g shaved leg ham
4 slices reduced fat tasty cheese
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little spray oil. Add ham and cook for 1-2 mins each side, or until warm. Remove and keep warm
- Cook eggs in the same pan until cooked to your liking.
- Toast muffin halves and immediately top with cheese slice. Top with warm ham and an egg. Place remaining English muffin half on top and serve.