Pasta & Vegetable Frittata Makes 18
1 cup wholemeal spiral pasta
1.5 cups corn kernels
1.5 cups frozen peas
1 small red capsicum, finely diced
1 small carrot, grated
1 cup grated reduced fat cheddar cheese
10 eggs, lightly whisked
1 cup low fat milk
9 cherry tomatoes, halved, for garnish
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of foiling water, following cooking times on packet. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Combine pasta, corn, peas, capsicum, carrot and half the cheese in a large bowl.
- Spoon mixture into 3 lightly greased 6 hole non-stick muffin tins.
- Whisk together the eggs & milk in a jug and pour over pasta mix. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Top each muffin with a halved cherry tomato.
- Bake in a moderate oven, 180 degrees, or until golden brown. Cool to cool for 10 mins and then turn onto a cooling rack.
Light Summer Slaw Serves 6
2 medium carrots, grated
2 sticks celery, finely chopped
½ red capsicum, finely chopped
¼ cup mixed seeds (e.g. sunflower, seasame, pumpkin, poppy seeds)
2 tblsp lemon juice
2 tblsp light olive oil
½ tsp salt
- Finely slice cabbage and combine with other salad ingredients
- Combine dressing ingredients and toss through coleslaw just before serving
Roasted beetroot, feta and rocket salad Serves 8
3 small beetroot
2 tblsp olive oil
500g sweet potato, peeled and diced
½ cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
100g reduced fat feta, crumbled
1.5 tblsp macadamia or olive oil
1.5 tblsp light olive oil
2 tblsp lemon juice
- Remove stem and leaves from beetroot and quarter unpeeled beetroot
- Toss beetroot in half the oil and place on a lined baking tray and bake at 190 degrees for 15 mins
- Toss sweet potato in remaining oil, place on baking tray with beetroot and continue to bake for a further 30 mins or until vegetables are tender
- When beetroot is cool enough to handle, peel
- Toss rocket, beetroot, sweet potato, macadamia nuts and feta together in a large bowl
- Combine dressing ingredients and gently fold through salad