Vietnamese beef and glass noodle salad Serves 4
600g lean beef strips
1 tblsp olive oil
2 spring onions, sliced
1 red capsicum, sliced
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup snow peas sprouts
2 cups mixed Asian salad greens
3 cups vermicilli noodles, cooked
2 tblsp mint leaves
1 tblsp finely chopped lemongrass
1 tblsp finely chopped red chilli
1 tblsp minced garlic
1 tblsp fish sauce
1 tblsp rice wine vinegar
1 tblsp lemon juice
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil. Brown the beef strips.
- Combine onions, capsicum, tomatoes, snow pea sprouts, salad greens and noodles in a bowl.
- Put all dressing ingredients in a screw top jar and shake to combine.
- Add beef strips and dressing to salad mixture and toss to combine. Scatter with mint leaves.
Hokkien noodles with chicken and currants Serves 4
2 tblsp currants
2 tblsp white balsamic vinegar
1 packet Hokkien noodles (serves 4)
olive oil spray
450g lean chicken breast
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
2 cups sugar snap peas
2 sticks celery, thinly sliced diagonally
1 baby cos lettuce, washed
2 tblsp shredded mint leaves + extra
2 tblsp chopped chives
1 tblsp kecap manis
- Preheat a char-grill, grill or BBQ on high. Combine the currants and vinegar in a small bowl. Set aside to soak.
- Cook the noodles following the directions on the packet. Rinse under cold water, drain and put into a large bowl.
- Spray chicken with olive oil spray and season to taste. Grill or BBQ chicken until just cooked through (juices run clear when skewered). Thinly slice the chicken against the grain.
- Add the currant mixture, chicken, vegetables, herbs and kecap manis to the noodles and toss to combine. Serve with additional mint leaves sprinkled over the top.