Fast Chicken Tagine Serves 4
500g chicken thigh fillets, halved
3 tblsp chermoula spice mix or paste
2 tsp olive oil
1 onion, thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1 lemon, thinly sliced (preserved lemon is great for this recipe if you have some)
75g blanched almonds
100g green olives
1 cup reduced salt chicken stock
½ cup dry couscous
300g green beans, topped & tailed
chopped coriander to serve
- Toss chicken with half the spice mix. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Cook onion & garlic, stirring, for 2-3 mins until softened. Remove and set aside.
- Add chicken to pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2-3 mins each side until golden. Add lemon, nuts, olives, stock & remaining spice mix. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, add 1 cup boiling water to couscous. Fluff once water is absorbed. Cook beans in boiling water for 2 mins.
- Serve tagine over couscous with beans & sprinkle with chopped coriander.
Pork Larb Serves 4
1 tblsp peanut oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
2 lemongrass stalks, trimmed, finely chopped
3 long red chilli’s, thinly sliced
600g lean pork mince
2 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
2 tblsp lime juice
2 tblsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
1 tblsp fish sauce
1 tblsp brown or palm sugar
1/3 cup chopped fresh coriander
¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
1 head broccoli, cut in to florets
4 bok choi bulbs
4 sweet red capsicums
lime wedges, to serve
1. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 3 mins or until onion is softened. Add the mince. Cook for 5-6 mins (break up mince as you stir) until browned.
2. Meanwhile, steam broccoli and bok choy until just tender. Grill capsicums until soft.
3. Add the lime leaves, lime juice, kecap manis, fish sauce and sugar to the pork mixture. Cook, stirring for 3 mins or until heated through. Stir in coriander. Serve spooned over broccoli & bok choi. Top with peanuts. Serve with lime wedges and grilled red chilli’s.