Easter entertaining can be healthy and tasty! Try these fresh and fabulous Easter recipes for your family and friends.
Sesame Salmon with Fresh Coleslaw Serves 4
200g (about 2 cups) thinly sliced green cabbage
1 avocado, flesh coarsely chopped
1 carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
2 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
¼ cup sultanas
¼ cup low fat mayonnaise
¼ cup sesame seeds
4 x 125g skinless salmon fillets
Spray olive oil
- Mix cabbage, avocado, celery, carrot, shallot and sultanas in a large bowl. Add the mayonnaise, season to taste and toss to combine.
- Place the sesame seeds on a plate. Season the salmon to taste. Press both sides of the salmon into the sesame seeds to coat.
- Heat a non-stick frypan coated in spray oil. Cook the salmon for 3 mins per side or until cooked to your liking.
- Divide the coleslaw on plates, top with salmon and serve,
Easter Salad Serves 6
1 small broccoli, cut into florets
100g sugar snap peas, trimmed
2/3 cup frozen peas
1 lebanese cucumber, quartered, sliced
1 avocado, diced
150g mixed sprouts e.g. alfalfa, mung beans
¼ cup finely chopped flat leaf parsley
¼ cup finely chopped mint leaves
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tblsp olive oil
3 tblsp toasted mixed seeds e.g. pepita, sunflower
100g reduced fat fetta, crumbled
- Blanch the broccoli, sugar snap peas and peas or cook in the microwave until tender. Drain, refresh in cold water and drain once again.
- Place the blanched vegetables in a bowl with the cucumber, avocado, sprouts, parsley and mint. Whisk the juice and oil, season and toss through the salad.
- Serve topped with fetta and seeds.
Caramelised figs with chocolate ricotta Serves 4
1 cup low fat fresh ricotta
40g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
2 tblsp dried cranberries
2 tblsp chopped pistachio kernals
2 tblsp sifted icing sugar
4 large ripe figs
1 tblsp honey, plus 1 tblsp extra to serve
- Combine ricotta, chocolate, apricot, pistachio and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Preheat grill on high. Cut each fig in half and place cut side down on a baking tray. Drizzle with ½ tsp of honey over each half of the fig.
- Grill figs for 2-3 minutes or until slightly caramelised. Divide figs amongst serving plates and top with ricotta. Drizzle with extra honey to serve.