So you have chicken defrosting but what can you do with it to keep the family happy? Quick, easy and tasty chicken recipes to the rescue!
Chicken Salad Vietnamese Style Serves 4
600g. chicken breast fillets ½ Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
2 carrots, peeled and cut in matchsticks 1 cup fresh mint leaves
1 cup fresh coriander leaves ½ cup chopped peanuts
Dressing: 1/3 cup lime juice, 2 tblspn fish sauce, 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped, 2 tblspns brown sugar
- Make dressing by whisking lime juice, fish sauce, chilli and sugar together in a jug until the sugar is dissolved.
- Place chicken in a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat and then simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from pan. Cool. Shred.
- Place cabbage, mint, coriander and chicken in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with nuts and serve.
Honey Mustard Crumbed Chicken Serves 4
4 X 125g chicken breast fillets, skin and fat removed
¼ cup seeded mustard ¼ cup honey
½ tsp minced garlic freshly ground black pepper
Approx 1 cup Cornflake crumbs
Salad to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Combine mustard, honey, garlic and pepper in a bowl.
- Coat each chicken fillet in the mixture, and then roll in cornflake crumbs.
- Place fillets on a non-stick oven tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve with a fresh tomato and lettuce salad.