Wanting to get off a few winter kilos – try these lower carb, higher protein evening meals on for size!
Cajun lamb with coleslaw Serves 4
2 tblsp Dijon mustard
2 tblsp low fat Greek yoghurt
1 tblsp white wine vinegar
6 cups thinly sliced savoy cabbage
1 green capsicum, thinly sliced
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
4 tblsp pepitas, toasted
1/3 cup dill sprigs
2 tsp Cajun spice mix
2 tsp Olive oil
8 trim lamb cutlets
- Combine mustard, yoghurt and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Place cabbage, capsicum, spring onion, pepitas and dill in a large bowl and then add the dressing and toss to combine.
- Place spice and oil in a bowl and stir well to combine. Add cutlets and rub all over with the mixture.
- Lightly oil a large frypan and place over medium heat. When hot, add cutlets in batches and cook for 3 minutes, turning once for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking.
- Serve with coleslaw.
Lemongrass and Ginger Chicken Rissoles Serves 4
400 g chicken thigh fillets, chopped
1 lemongrass stalk, white part only, finely chopped
2cm piece ginger, finely chopped
¼ cup chopped coriander
1 egg white
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 red capsicum, cut into short thin strips
100g snow peas
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 bunch pak choy, trimmed, leaves separated
2 tblsp sweet chilli sauce
Fresh coriander leaves to serve
125g baby corn, halved lengthways
2 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- Process chicken, lemongrass, ginger and coriander together until finely chopped. Add eggwhite. Process to combine.
- Using 1 heaped tablespoon of mixture at a time, shape into 12 rissoles. Place on a plate. Cover and refrigerate until required.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large non stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook rissoles in batches for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in wok over medium high heat. Add capsicum, corn, zucchini, snow peas and onion. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender. Add pak choy. Stir fry for 1 minute or until leaves have wilted. Add chilli sauce and toss to combine.
- Divide mixture between plates and top with rissoles. Sprinkle with coriander.